Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Valkenaarisms-- the goofy things we say that you won't find anywhere else.

Every healthy family (at least we hope) has odd things it says that sound ridiculous to everyone else.  Here are some of ours
1-- Vir Moosh.  It means "very much so," as in "A Vir Moosh bad salad."  Origins-- five year old Hannah wrote a book.  Her spelling is not the greatest, so when big people read her story we can't quite tell what she says. Therefore, when she means to write " 'Do you like it?' 'Yes I do. I like it this very much" it turns out as " 'Do you likit?'  Yes I do.  I likit this ver muush'"  I loved it and made a character in one of my books say, "Vir Moosh."
2-- Mi Gones!  An exclamation of surprise.  It was first seen in Hannah's books, though she insists she never wrote it.
Ah, here is the pink sausage himself
3--Pink Sausage.  None of us know who came up with this one, but it refers to Elisha when he is dressed only in a diaper, and his chubby little legs show, but now just refers to Elisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment